Friday, November 14, 2008

WELCOME TO MALAYSIA





















Saturday, June 28 2008

Soekarno-Hatta Airport Indonesia

We arrived at Cengkareng, Soekarno Hatta Air Port, Indonesia about nine o’clock. I saw Mario Samuel with his girl friend was standing there. I had not seen my other friends yet, Ati, Farhan, Indah, Dewi, Alma and Abi. Friends, “where are you?” I said to myself. It’s already 9.30. My family dropped me, including my lovely husband. Pak Syafirin suggested us to wear formal clothes, because there would be a conference activity from one of media in Jakarta. But then, see…Ati was wearing T shirt with her lovely jeans. Oh…Samuel looked different with his shirt and tie. And one thing that made me wonder was Abi’s hair. Since the rule in UUM doesn’t allow students to have long hair, Abi with his all disappointment had to cut his hair. He said “that’s Ok, I’ve enjoy having this long hair for two years.” So do you want to see Abi with his new face? I will let you see.

Flying with Lion Air

The plane was Lion air with code 282 Boeing 737. Waw…it was my first journey with a plane. I couldn’t stop talking to my heart “is it a dream?” that I can fly. It would be different to seven of my friends, for them having flight is something common. Thanks God, You have given me chance to see the greatest thing that I haven’t seen before.Samuel, Indah and me were sitting in same line of seat, 16A, 16B, 16C. I prefer sitting next to the window of the plane to see the beautiful view from the air. Subhanalloh I said. Others were sitting in different line.

Arriving at Kuala Lumpur

After one half an hour, our plane arrived at International Airport of Kuala Lumpur. It was amazing that the design of the air port is really wonderful. The airport has six floors with complete facilities. There was a place which attracts our attention, yach….drinking water. If you are thirsty, just press the button, and drink from the machine of drinking water. Here is the picture, Farhan was drinking from the water drinking machine. Do you find it in Indonesia?

We were so starving. We entered one of the food courts in Pudu Raya. Pudu Raya is the name of bus station in Kualalumpur. We planned to have a journey by bus to reach Allor Setar. It would take about 10 hours from Pudu Raya to Allor Star.

Sunday, June 29 2008

Picked by Prof. Syah in Changlun

Prof. Syah was waiting in Changlun to pick us up at 10 o’clock. Changlun is small city in Kedah –Malaysia. Prof. Syah is so nice, welcoming us in Changlun. Then, he offered us to have breakfast. The time is almost 11 P.M in Malaysia, one hour earlier than Indonesia

Finally, we arrived at Bukit Kachi, the place where we are going to stay for about ten months. The place is surrounded by hill area with complete facilities especially for exercise such as playing badminton, tennis, swimming. Dewi is planning to go to the Gym, but still searching, where is the place?

Monday. June 30 2008

First Visiting to Universiti Utara Malaysia

It was our visiting to Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM). Just to inform you that UUM was established on 16 February 1984. The location is at Sintok, 48 kilometers north of Alor Setar, the State Capital of Kedah Darul Aman and 10 kilometers east of Changlun, a town the Nort-South Highway.

Again, Prof Syah welcomed us. We visited his office, the simple room with warm smile from him. We really appreciate what he has done for us.

Tuesday, July 1 2008

It’s time to register. We received some guidance books, a t shirt and a bag written UUM. Many thanks.

Wednesday, July 2 2008

Visiting library was the next destination. As usual, Mas Pandit leads us to register. A librarian was ready to present the main information about the library. This is the biggest library that I’ve ever seen. The name of library is SULTANAH BAHIYAH. The library

is a five storey building which provides facilities for teaching and learning. Each master student can borrow 20 books for 30 days. It’s a great, isn’t it?

Still on Wednesday, Prof Syah with his a great offer, asked us to go to Changlun. Waw, we were going to have dinner together in Anjung Restaurant. Do you want to know something? Something bad happened to Alma before having dinner. While we were waiting for Boys group in Mas Pandit’s car, someone (a dark man) yielded Alma by saying “ 5 Ringit for one night” She screamed spontaneously: “NO” OH Alma How Poor You are……

Thursday, July 3 2008

On Thursday, I accompanied Indah (my roommate) to go to the dentist. She had a little problem with her teeth. But you know, what happened? After registering and queuing, the doctor said “ Tidak ape ape, gigimu elok, indah, tak ade karang ” It is assumed that I Indah does not have any problem with her teeth.

Friday, July 4 2008

Well, we are browsing, using internet in front of Mona restaurant. There is no agenda anymore, since today is off day for academic life. So, we are spending our time here.

No comments: